The Met Office App (meteorological office) is the weather service provider and a world leader in weather and climate science. The main role is to protect life and property. Thousands of weather forecasts are produced every day for the public, Government and commercial customers, including aviation, the energy industry and the media, including the BBC and ITV. The Met Office also has responsibility for forecasting a range of weather-related environmental hazards, including the spread of fire, volcanic ash and airborne diseases.
For example if we want to know whether today the weather will be wet, dry, really windy, or what the chance of snow is tomorrow? The latest weather forecasts from the Met Office are available in the palm of your hand with our weather app. Get your forecasts on the go with the official Met Office weather application. The Met Office provides accurate and timely weather warnings and forecasts on TV, radio and online. Now, you can get our forecasts wherever you go with the Met Office iPhone application.
· 5-day forecasts for over 5,000 locations
· Three-hourly forecasts out to five days ahead
· National severe weather warnings with detailed information
· Interactive, daily weather maps
· Automatically detects your current location
· Easy access to our award winning social media channels
· Regularly updated with the latest information
Access to the latest National Severe Weather Warnings for your area
Also includes Temperature, Sunrise, sunset, Wind speed and direction
Social media sharing so you can share forecasts with friends and family